Decision - Targeted Budget Management (TBM) Provisional Outturn 2010/11
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Targeted Budget Management (TBM) Provisional Outturn 2010/11
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Revenue and Capital Outturn position for
(1) That Cabinet notes the provisional outturn position for the General Fund, which is an underspend of £2.560m.
(2) That Cabinet notes the provisional outturn for the Section 75 Partnerships and Housing Revenue Account (HRA) for 2010/11.
(3) That the Cabinet approve the carry forwards as detailed in Appendix 3.
(4) That the Cabinet note the provisional outturn position on the capital programme.
(5) That the Cabinet approve the following changes to the capital programme:
i) The budget reprofiling as set out in Appendix 4;
ii) The carry forward of slippage into the 2010/11 capital programme, to meet on-going commitments on these schemes as set out in Appendix 5.
Reasons for the decision:
Budget monitoring is a key element of good financial management, which is necessary in order for the council to maintain financial stability and operate effectively.
The capital budget changes are necessary to maintain effective financial management.
Alternative options considered:
The provisional outturn position on Council controlled budgets is an underspend of £2.560m, any underspend will be added to unallocated general reserves unless approval is given to allocate funds to specific reserves or contingencies. At budget setting time the assumed outturn position was an underspend of £1.597m including the reversal of the provision for S117 Mental Health Act which is no longer required. The provisional outturn will contribute an additional £0.963m to unallocated general reserves which leaves a total unallocated general reserves balance of £1.243m.
Report author: Jeff Coates
Publication date: 09/06/2011
Date of decision: 09/06/2011
Decided at meeting: 09/06/2011 - Cabinet
Effective from: 17/06/2011