Decision - Royal Pavilion & Museums Catering Review
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Royal Pavilion & Museums Catering Review
Decision Maker: Economic Development & Culture Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1) To approve the seeking of tenders in respect of all catering provision for RPM under contractual arrangements which will subsist for a period of five years with an option to extend for up to a further two years.
2) To authorise the Strategic Director, Communities to consider and determine, with a view to driving efficiencies and value for money:
i. how the tendered opportunities should be packaged eg. whether there should be division into lots;
ii. whether the tender should take place jointly with Brighton Dome and Festival Ltd (BDFL) and if so, how best to structure the tender/ contractual arrangement.
3) To authorise the Strategic Director, Communities to accept tender(s) in accordance with officer recommendations following the tendering exercise and to approve the award of contract(s) accordingly.
4) To approve the use of external catering expertise in visitor attraction/venue market to assist with the tender process.
5) To note that a report on the result of the tendering process will be brought to Policy and Resources Committee for agreement.
Report author: Janita Bagshawe
Publication date: 21/06/2012
Date of decision: 21/06/2012
Decided at meeting: 21/06/2012 - Economic Development & Culture Committee