Decision - Brighton Bikeshare
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Decision Maker: Environment, Transport & Sustainability Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Permission to proceed with procurement process
and public consultation to introduce a Bikeshare scheme in Brighton
That the Environment, Transport and Sustainability Committee:
1) Approves the tendering of a concession agreement for a BikeShare scheme for a term of three years with the option to extend for a period of two by two years (with a maximum potential extension period of four years), within which the operator, not the council, will take on the liability for any revenue losses during the first 3 years of the concession agreement.
2) Grants delegated authority to the Executive Director Environment, Development and Housing –
(i) to carry out the procurement of the concession agreement referred to in paragraph 2.1 above including the award and letting of the concession agreement; and
(ii) to grant up to two extensions to the concession agreement referred to in paragraph 2.1 above of two years each should he/she consider it appropriate at the relevant time.
3) Welcomes and fully supports the positive recommendations being made by the Coast to Capital Local Enterprise Partnership [LEP] to its Local Transport Body [LTB], as set out in paragraph 3.4 of this report, to fully approve the council’s bid for Sustainability funding for a BikeShare scheme.
4) Agrees that consultation should be carried out with councillors, residents, businesses and relevant partners and stakeholders in the proposed scheme area as set out at section 5 of this report.
5) Notes that all of the recommendations above are subject to a successful outcome of the C2C LTB decision on providing full approval for funding from the Local Growth Fund (LGF) budget for the BikeShare scheme at the meeting due to be held on 26th November 2015.
6) Supports the recommendations being made by the LEP to the LTB, as summarised in Appendix 2 of this report, with respect to:-
a) LTB policy on Value for Money;
b) Crawley Area Sustainable Transport Package;
c) Sustainability schemes; and;
d) Resilience schemes.
7) Agrees the recommendations referred to in paragraphs 2.3 and 2.6 above may be subject to minor variations tabled at the Local Transport Body, which do not alter the substance of the decision.
8) Agrees that if an alternative (or new) recommendation is tabled during the Local Transport Body meeting which alters the substance of the original recommendation, a further decision will be sought from the Committee prior to proceeding.
Report author: Abigail Hone
Publication date: 25/11/2015
Date of decision: 24/11/2015
Decided at meeting: 24/11/2015 - Environment, Transport & Sustainability Committee