Decision - Childcare Sufficiency Assessment
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Childcare Sufficiency Assessment
Decision Maker: Children, Young People & Skills Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Report outlining sufficiency of childcare in
the city for 0 - 14 year olds, including extension of entitlement
of working parents of three and four year olds in September
That the Committee noted –
1. The Childcare Sufficiency Assessment
2. That work continues to prepare for the new entitlement to 30 hours free childcare for working parents of three and four year olds from September 2017 and noted the additional administration this will necessitate by the local authority.
3. That parents, and particularly those facing disadvantage including low income families, continue to be supported, in particular by the Family Information Service, to take up their current and future statutory entitlements in relation to childcare provision and paying for childcare.
4. That work continues to implement the new national funding formula for the early years free entitlement for two, three and four year olds which maximises the funding passed on to providers from the early years block of the Designated Schools Grant.
5. That the CSA will be used to inform the development of an early years strategy for the city, to include access to high quality childcare, particularly for disadvantaged children.
Report author: Vicky Jenkins
Publication date: 27/10/2017
Date of decision: 21/11/2016
Decided at meeting: 21/11/2016 - Children, Young People & Skills Committee