Decision - SEND Review - Feedback from Formal Consultation & Publication of Statutory Notice Periods
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
SEND Review - Feedback from Formal Consultation & Publication of Statutory Notice Periods
Decision Maker: Children, Young People & Skills Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
This committee report gives a summary on the
feedback received during the formal consultation period on lowering
the age range of Hillside & Downsview Special School. It also
asks for authorisation to release Statutory notice periods for
The Committee agreed:
(1) To note the outcome of the recent consultation to extend the age range of both Hillside School and Downs View School attached as Appendix 1 to the report.
(2) To agree that the Local Authority should now proceed to publish statutory notices to :
i. Extend the age range of Hillside School from the existing 4-16 years to 2-16 years, with a view to implementation in September 2017
ii. Extend the age range of Downs View School from the existing 3-19 years to 2-19 years, with a view to implementation in September 2017.
(3) To agree that the Local Authority proceed with the identification of a suitable host school for the new special facility.
(4) To note that the feedback from the formal consultation on the proposal to close Patcham House School in July 2018 will be closely analysed before a report is brought back to CYPS committee on 6 March 2017 for a decision whether or not to proceed with a statutory notice proposing closure of the school.
(5) To note the progress made on other areas of the review.
Report author: Edward Yeo
Publication date: 27/10/2017
Date of decision: 09/01/2017
Decided at meeting: 09/01/2017 - Children, Young People & Skills Committee