Decision - Royal Pavilion and Museums Collections Policies
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Royal Pavilion and Museums Collections Policies
Decision Maker: Tourism, Development & Culture Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To seek approval for three policies relating
to the museums collections, which require Council adoption in order
to meet requirements of the national accreditation scheme managed
by Arts Council England.
1) That the Tourism Development and Culture Committee adopts the policies attached in the appendices to this report:
· Loans Policy (new);
· Rights Policy (new);
· Digital Preservation Policy (new);
· Human Remains Policy (updated);
Collections Development Policy (updated).
2) Notes the outcome of the Accreditation process for the RPM notified to the Council in September 2018, and the actions and timetable for achieving full Accreditation.
3) Delegates authority to the Head of the Royal Pavilion and Museums, in liaison with the Chair of the Tourism, Development & Culture Committee, to transfer and items to and from the city collections in accordance with the agreed Collections Development Policy for the reasons set out in 3.8 and 3.9 below.
Report author: Janita Bagshawe
Publication date: 18/01/2019
Date of decision: 17/01/2019
Decided at meeting: 17/01/2019 - Tourism, Development & Culture Committee