Decision - Youth Service Review
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Youth Service Review
Decision Maker: Children, Young People & Skills Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The purpose of this report is to provide
information on current youth services and commissioning
arrangement, offer options regarding the development of a central
Youth Hub in the city and make the committee aware of a significant
funding opportunity that may support any agreed plans.
1. That the current Youth Service Grants Programme be extended and the work of current recipients for a further six months from 1 October 2020 to 31 March 2021, subject to funding being agreed in the 2020/21 budget, be funded by committee.
2. That a review of the provision of youth services across the city which will consider the areas set out in paragraph 4.1 of this report and that the findings of the review are brought back to Committee in June 2020 be agreed by Committee. Government funding announcements may affect timings.
3. That the terms of reference of the review by a cross party group of councillors and Youth Wise be agreed.
4. That consideration of an Onside Youth Zone in partnership with Brighton Youth Centre as an option for the Central Youth Hub be considered in the review, and that should the timetable of any government investment mean an application for funding need to be made prior to the end of the review, an urgency CYPS Committee be convened.
5. That the financial assessment of the different options including sources of capital and revenue funding and long term financial viability be considered in the review.
Report author: Caroline Parker
Publication date: 14/01/2020
Date of decision: 13/01/2020
Decided at meeting: 13/01/2020 - Children, Young People & Skills Committee