Decision - Community safety and Crime Reduction Strategy 2020-2023
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Community safety and Crime Reduction Strategy 2020-2023
Decision Maker: Tourism, Equalities, Communities & Culture Committee, Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
RESOLVED: That committee:
1. Recommended to Full Council that it adopted the Community Safety and Crime Reduction Strategy 2020-2023 attached at Appendix 2.
Noted this Strategy was developed prior to Covid19,
and therefore asked that officers discuss with the partners to this
strategy how together we can respond to the impact of Covid19 on
community safety, crime and policing, in areas such as;
- changes in domestic violence reporting and incidences during ‘lockdown,’ and the changing nature of support that may need to be provided
- reports indicating increased incidences of abusive behaviour directed at essential workers, and support available
- concerns regarding enforcement in the community, support for officers and the consistent application of government guidance
and requested that officers reported back to this committee on the work going on in this area.
3. Authorised officers to prepare an addendum or briefing note in advance of Full Council to outline the implications of the ongoing Corona Virus crisis on the strategy.
4. Requested an Officer report on the specific issue of anti-social behaviour on Hove seafront for the next meeting of this committee. The report would detail, but not be limited to, vandalism of beach huts and other seafront structure and by-law contraventions.
Report author: Jo Player
Publication date: 08/05/2020
Date of decision: 07/05/2020
Decided at meeting: 07/05/2020 - Tourism, Equalities, Communities & Culture Committee
- Community safety and Crime Reduction Strategy 2020-2023 APX. n 1 PDF 132 KB
- Community safety and Crime Reduction Strategy 2020-2023 APX. n 2 PDF 806 KB
- Community safety and Crime Reduction Strategy 2020-2023 APX. n 4 PDF 187 KB
- Community safety and Crime Reduction Strategy 2020-2023 APX. n 3 PDF 4 MB
- Con Amendment ITEM 70 7.05.2020 PDF 85 KB
- TECC Committee 07-May-2020 - ITEM 70 GG Amendment - Community Safety Strategy PDF 161 KB