Decision - Greater Brighton Infrastructure Panel Update - Energy and Water Plans
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Greater Brighton Infrastructure Panel Update - Energy and Water Plans
Decision Maker: Greater Brighton Economic Board
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1) That the final Energy and Water Plan documents, which are based on detailed research, modelling and stakeholder engagement, are approved by the Board.
2) That the Board supports the projects arising from the plans and is committed to securing funding from the Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) and National Government and supporting delivery.
3) That the Board notes that progress with the projects are reported back on an annual basis (with any exceptional items being raised on an ad-hoc basis)
4) That the Board supports the Greater Brighton 10 pledges and film as part of a communications package to raise the profile of the work planned and commits to the launch and the signing of the pledges at the next Board meeting in October.
5) That the Board agreed that the Greater Brighton Infrastructure panel continues, both to oversee implementation of the Energy and Water Plans (via the working groups) and to consider other Infrastructure areas.
6) That the Board agrees that the Greater Brighton Energy Group (and Water Group if wished) continues to implement and deliver the Energy Plan, including potential development of collaborative multi-stakeholder projects, a Local Energy Fund, and a special purpose delivery partnership
Report author: Clare Mulholland
Publication date: 14/07/2020
Date of decision: 14/07/2020
Decided at meeting: 14/07/2020 - Greater Brighton Economic Board