Decision - Urgent Response Transport Action Plan - update
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Urgent Response Transport Action Plan - update
Decision Maker: Environment, Transport & Sustainability Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
This report will detail how the action plan
has been delivered and will p[provide updates on the various
elements of the schemes.
That the Committee:
1) Note the update on temporary measures that have been implemented as part of the Urgent Response Transport Action Plan contained in Appendix A, and agree these remain in place while the threat from Covid-19 is again escalating, and officers continue to monitor the schemes and report findings back to a future Committee.
2) Delegate authority to the Executive Director Economy, Environment & Culture to review and make amendments to the Old Shoreham Road cycle lane in respect of specific traffic movements, including the right hand turn into Olive Road and the Carlton Terrace junction to ease congestion, and a general review of road markings and signage to optimise safety.
3) Give approval for the Executive Director Economy, Environment & Culture to commence detail design and the Traffic Regulation Order process to re-open Madeira Drive one-way eastbound, improve blue badge capacity and relocate cycle facilities as detailed in paragraph 3.17 of this report and the plan contained in Appendix B, and for this process to remain under constant review with alternative options weighed up and reported back to Committee to assess.
4) Agree to a pause in implementing Tranche 2 changes, in order to ensure local residents and stakeholder groups are consulted and are able to offer input into the process. Request that officers agree a window with the Department for Transport that allows for meaningful consultation to take place, without placing the Tranche 2 funding at risk, and our expectation is that this window be no less than 6 weeks.
5) Agree that subject to the Council securing funding for Tranche 2 of the government’s Emergency Active Travel Fund, a report is brought to a Special meeting of the Environment, Transport & Sustainability Committee to agree the measures being taken forward and the associated consultation plan.
Report author: David Parker
Publication date: 01/10/2020
Date of decision: 29/09/2020
Decided at meeting: 29/09/2020 - Environment, Transport & Sustainability Committee
- Urgent Response Transport Action Plan - update PDF 429 KB
- Appendix A - Urgent Response Transport Action Plan - update PDF 637 KB
- Appendix B - Madeira Drive Proposal and Parking Implications PDF 3 MB
- Appendix C - Monitoring and Feedback PDF 1 MB
- Appendix D - Updated Urgent Response Transport Action Plan Equalities Impact Assessment PDF 627 KB
- LabGrp item 21 Covid transport action plan PDF 186 KB
- ConGrp item 21 Covid transport action plan PDF 227 KB