Decision - Emergency Active Travel Fund – Tranche 2 transport schemes and plans for consultation
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Emergency Active Travel Fund – Tranche 2 transport schemes and plans for consultation
Decision Maker: Environment, Transport & Sustainability Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Approval of schemes and consultation plan for
Emergency Active Travel Fund Tranche 2
That the Committee:
1) Agree to progress work on the five schemes presented in this report, to be delivered using Tranche 2 of the Active Travel Fund from Government.
2) Approve the plan for meaningful public and stakeholder consultation on these schemes, attached at Appendix 1, prior to their implementation.
3) Agree that the same plan for meaningful consultation to apply to Tranche 1 of the active travel schemes as they relate to the A259 seafront and A 270 Old Shoreham Road cycle lanes, as set out in paragraph 6.7, with the outcome of the specific consultation on those schemes informing any future decisions.
4) Agree the proposed terms of reference for a new Active & Inclusive Travel Forum to facilitate positive and proactive discussion amongst key stakeholders on schemes and initiatives that support active and accessible travel for all and enable inclusive user experiences to inform future proposals.
5) Agree that reports summarising the deliberations of the Active & Inclusive Travel Forum be brought back to this committee on a regular basis.
6) Note the use of urgency powers in accordance with the Council’s Standing Orders in August 2020 in relation to the temporary A259 cycle lane.
Report author: Laura Wells
Publication date: 18/12/2020
Date of decision: 18/12/2020
Decided at meeting: 18/12/2020 - Environment, Transport & Sustainability Committee
- Emergency Active Travel Fund – Tranche 2 transport schemes and plans for consultation PDF 378 KB
- Appendix 1 - Active Travel Fund Tranche 2 - Consultation Plan PDF 494 KB
- Appendix 2 - Officer Decison Record - A259 Cycle Lane PDF 123 KB
- Appendix 3 - Emergency Active Travel Funding update – Letter from the Secretary of State, October 2020 PDF 410 KB
- Appendix 4 - Active Travel Funding Tranche 2 Allocations – Letter from Secretary of State, November 2020 PDF 72 KB
- Appendix 5 - Active Travel Fund Tranche 2 Grant Award – Letter and guidance from DfT, November 2020 PDF 309 KB
- Appendix 6 - Active and Inclusive Travel Forum Terms of Reference PDF 297 KB
- Item 56 LabGrp amendment PDF 270 KB
- Item 56 ConsGrp amendment PDF 386 KB