Decision - Valley Gardens Phase 3 revised scheme with detailed design principles
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Valley Gardens Phase 3 revised scheme with detailed design principles
Decision Maker: Environment, Transport & Sustainability Committee, Policy & Resources Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Revised scheme following further public
consultation and stakeholder engagement. The updated plans account
for significant change to walking and cycling infrastructure design
guidance. In addition to the main report appendices are provided
which outline detailed design principles and detail where necessary
both the temporary and permanent matters related to the scheme.
These technical design and engineering principles are set out so
that the procurement of a construction contract can be progressed
in the coming months with construction to commence
1) Approves the Valley Gardens Phase 3 detailed design as shown in Appendix 1: General Highway Arrangement Plan.
2) Notes that the principles and details outlined in this report will help to inform all final technical matters, with regards to this scheme, in preparation for the procurement of a construction contract by officers in line with the decision made by this committee in February 2019 as outlined in paragraph 7.2 of this report.
3) Authorises that all Traffic Regulation Orders required for Valley Gardens Phase 3 be advertised in accordance with the standard procedure.
4) Notes the increased budget requirement due to significant delay in delivering Phase 3, additional stakeholder infrastructure commitments, and significant increases in construction costs, as set out in in Appendix 2.
5) Recommends to Policy & Resources Committee that it approves capital borrowing of up to £5.0m to address estimated increased scheme costs arising from new Department for Transport design guidance; significant increases in construction costs and risk management; additional infrastructure, including for sustainable transport and events; as shown in Appendix 2.
Report author: Oliver Spratley
Publication date: 19/01/2022
Date of decision: 18/01/2022
Decided at meeting: 18/01/2022 - Environment, Transport & Sustainability Committee
- Valley Gardens Phase 3 revised scheme with detailed design principles PDF 386 KB
- Valley Gardens Phase 3 revised scheme with detailed design principles APX. n 1 PDF 7 MB
- Valley Gardens Phase 3 revised scheme with detailed design principles APX. n 2 PDF 83 KB
- Valley Gardens Phase 3 revised scheme with detailed design principles APX. n 3 PDF 4 MB
- Item 70- VG3 ConGrp PDF 102 KB