Decision - A259: Walking, Cycling and Accessibility improvements
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
A259: Walking, Cycling and Accessibility improvements
Decision Maker: Environment, Transport & Sustainability Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
-Additional pedestrian space, including outside seating space.
-Raised table junctions and dropped kerbs to assist wheelchairs, mobility scooters and pushchairs.
-Extension of the westbound cycle lane with cyclists separated from motor vehicles.
-Additional cycle parking spaces, including space for larger and adapted bikes.
-Additional loading bays and parking spaces for Blue Badge holders.
1) That this Committee approve the A259 Active Travel Scheme- Walking, Cycling and Accessibility Improvementsdetailed design scheme as presented in Appendix 1.
2) That the Committee authorises officers to commence the construction phase and to procure the Works Contract under the authority of the Executive Director.
Report author: James Hammond
Publication date: 17/03/2022
Date of decision: 15/03/2022
Decided at meeting: 15/03/2022 - Environment, Transport & Sustainability Committee
- A259: Walking, Cycling and Accessibility improvements PDF 267 KB
- A259: Walking, Cycling and Accessibility Improvements APX. n 1 PDF 5 MB
- A259: Walking, Cycling and Accessibility improvements APX. n 2 PDF 1 MB
- A259: Walking, Cycling and Accessibility improvements APX. n 3 PDF 240 KB
- Item 88- ConGrp PDF 74 KB