Decision - Hanover & Tarner Liveable Neigbourhood
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Hanover & Tarner Liveable Neigbourhood
Decision Maker: Environment, Transport & Sustainability Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Reports on the Hanover & Tarner Liveable
Neighbourhood scheme progress to date, following community and
stakeholder engagement and options appraisal processes.
The report recommends that the preferred option is committed to a public consultation exercise, then revised accordingly, with detailed design to be completed thereafter; and for the required scheme Traffic Regulation Orders to be advertised; and any complementary Experimental Traffic Regulations to be implemented; and finally, for construction contracts to be procured
1) Welcomes the progress made through local community engagement and co-production, which has helped develop the preferred option for the Hanover & Tarner Liveable Neighbourhood.
2) Agrees that the preferred option, as shown in Appendix 1 of this report is progressed through a public consultation exercise, and that the proposed final scheme be reported back to a future meeting of this committee.
3) Agrees that, based on current cost estimates, consideration will be given to seeking additional funding from the 2022-23 Carbon Neutral Fund, as outlined in 7.1, subject to approval by the Policy & Resources committee in the second half of 2022.
4) Agrees the proposed Project Monitoring Framework set out in Appendix 4 of this report.
5) Agrees that officers will engage with members of the local community to explore potential mitigation and improvement measures on roads that border the pilot LTN project. This will include the prioritization of those measures, should there be insufficient funds, to carry out all the potential measures explored.
Report author: Oliver Spratley
Publication date: 22/06/2022
Date of decision: 21/06/2022
Decided at meeting: 21/06/2022 - Environment, Transport & Sustainability Committee
- Hanover & Tarner Liveable Neigbourhood PDF 327 KB View as HTML (1) 83 KB
- Appendix1_Hanover Tarner Liveable Neigbourhood PDF 3 MB
- Appendix2_EngagementStage1Report 130622 PDF 720 KB View as HTML (3) 176 KB
- Appendix 3_EngagementStage2report_130622 PDF 949 KB View as HTML (4) 291 KB
- Appendix 4 draft Project Monitoring Framework PDF 595 KB View as HTML (5) 56 KB