Decision - Air Quality Action Plan 2022 Consultation Results
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Air Quality Action Plan 2022 Consultation Results
Decision Maker: Environment, Transport & Sustainability Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Reporting results of public consultation
carried out in late Spring/early Summer on the draft plan which is
part of the council’s statutory duties within the Local Air
Quality Management Framework following the declaration of revised
Air Quality Management Areas. The plan includes a number of actions
to primarily reduce harmful NO2 levels as well as tackle other
pollutants such as particulates.
1) That the committee welcomes the inclusion of more ambitious targets in the Air Quality Action Plan for the protection of human health, which will work towards World Health Organisation guidelines (2021).
2) That the committee approves the 2022 Air Quality Action Plan in Appendix 2 of this report.
3) That the committee welcomes the continued work and investment to develop an expanded Ultra-low Emission Zone for the city.
4) That the committee requests officers research further how the development and delivery of a citywide Smoke Control Area could help tackle the harmful effects of particulate matter in the areas where there is currently no Smoke Control Area, and that officers ensure that advice is provided to residents on the council website on how best to manage solid fuel heating where they do have it to supplement heating, including referring people to the East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service for a free home visit if they have concerns.
5) The committee welcomes the promotion of active travel and public transport as means to reduce emissions and improve local air quality.
Report author: Samuel Rouse
Publication date: 17/11/2022
Date of decision: 15/11/2022
Decided at meeting: 15/11/2022 - Environment, Transport & Sustainability Committee
- Air Quality Action Plan 2022 PDF 266 KB View as HTML (1) 77 KB
- Air Quality Action Plan 2022 Consultation Results APX. n 1 PDF 1 MB View as HTML (2) 447 KB
- Air Quality Action Plan 2022 APX. n 2 PDF 2 MB View as HTML (3) 615 KB
- Item 49 LG Amendment - ETS 15.11.22 Air Quality Action Plan PDF 84 KB View as HTML (4) 15 KB