Decision - Display Energy Certificates - Update
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Display Energy Certificates - Update
Decision Maker: Central Services Cabinet Member Meeting
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. That it be agreed that the results of the DEC and Advisory reports form the basis of the council’s strategy for carbon emissions reduction, as such priority should be given to those buildings which receive the lowest ratings.
2. That the report and its recommendations be submitted to Cabinet for approval.
3. That the initiatives considered in the report be communicated to all the Chairs of Governors within the city.
Reasons for the decision:
The ontroduction of DEC criteria has enabled the council to finesse its project selection methodology with regard to retrofit projects. By adopting the DEC programme as the key project selection criteria B&HCC will be able to ensure that SALIX funds are best spent to reduce carbon emissions across the council portfolio.
Alternative options considered:
1. DECs are a legal requirement and no alternative option is available.
2. To date Salix projects and associated funding have been allocated on an ad hoc basis. Project identification has required the Energy & Water Manager to suggest projects based on consumption and deviation from benchmark figures. Whilst continuing with this system may be effective, it lacks the targeted delivery offered by a DEC based implementation programme.
Report author: Angela Dymott, Jason Clarke
Publication date: 01/07/2009
Date of decision: 29/06/2009
Decided at meeting: 29/06/2009 - Central Services Cabinet Member Meeting
Effective from: 07/07/2009