Decision - Beach Hut Licence and Transfer Fee
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Beach Hut Licence and Transfer Fee
Decision Maker: Strategy, Finance & City Regeneration Committee
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. Agreed the termination of existing beach hut licences in accordance with their terms and implementation of the proposed new licence (see Appendix 1) to all beach hut owners, including the addition of the transfer fee.
2. Agreed new licence terms which will come into effect from 1 April 2024 as follows:
a) a new transfer fee (details in paragraphs 3.9 to 3.11 of this report);
b) updated termination provisions to limit the “no fault” grounds on which the
council can terminate licences in the future (paragraph 3.12 of this report);
c) provisions to allow for more effective and efficient communication with beach hut owners (paragraph 3.13 of this report).
3. Agreed that owners of any beach huts remaining on council land after 1 April 2024 without a new licence agreement in place be required to remove the beach hut and that officers may take enforcement action if necessary to ensure that any unlicenced areas are vacated.
Report author: Toni Manuel
Publication date: 09/11/2023
Date of decision: 09/11/2023
Decided at meeting: 09/11/2023 - Culture, Heritage, Sport, Tourism & Economic Development Committee
- Beach Hut Licence and Transfer Fee PDF 358 KB View as HTML (1) 84 KB
- Proposed Modernised Beach Hut Licence - Amended Following Consultation (002) PDF 1 MB
- Beach Hut Licence and Transfer Fee APX. n 2_v1 PDF 454 KB View as HTML (3) 91 KB
- Beach Hut Licence and Transfer Fee APX. n 3 PDF 222 KB View as HTML (4) 20 KB