Decision - Council Tax Base 2020/21
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Council Tax Base 2020/21
Decision Maker: Policy & Resources Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To agree the tax base for 2020/21
RESOLVED: That the Committee –
1. Approved the calculation of the council’s tax base for the year 2020/21.
2. Noted the collection rate assumed is 99.00%.
3. Agreed that in accordance with the Local Authorities (Calculation of Tax Base) (England) Regulations 2012, the amounts calculated by Brighton & Hove City Council as its council tax base for the year 2020/21 shall be as follows:-
(i) Brighton and Hove in whole – 90,722.8 (as detailed in appendix 1)
(ii) Royal Crescent Enclosure Committee – 31.0 (as detailed in appendix 2)
(iii) Hanover Crescent Enclosure Committee – 39.4 (as detailed in appendix 2)
(iv) Marine Square Enclosure Committee – 75.8 (as detailed in appendix 2)
(v) Parish of Rottingdean – 1,574.1 (as detailed in appendix 2)
4. Agreed that for the purposes of Section 35(1) of the Local Government Finance Act 1992, the expenses of meeting the special levies issued to the council by the Enclosure Committees shall be its special expenses.
5. Agreed that the Enclosure Committees and Rottingdean Parish are paid the required Council Tax Reduction Grant of c£4,000 in total, to ensure they are no better or no worse off as a result of the introduction of the Council Tax Reduction Scheme for the reasons set out in paragraph 3.7.
Report author: Heather Bentley
Publication date: 23/01/2020
Date of decision: 23/01/2020
Decided at meeting: 23/01/2020 - Policy & Resources Committee