Decision - Council Tax Reduction Review
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Council Tax Reduction Review
Decision Maker: Policy & Resources Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Annual review of the Local Authority's Council
Tax Reduction scheme, recommending changes to the scheme for the
the Committee recommends to Council
(i) The maximum rate of Council Tax Reduction discount be increased from 80% of Band D to 82% of Band D.
(ii) The minimum award of Council Tax Reduction be reset to 1p per week.
(iii) Funding of £0.200m be allocated for the Discretionary Council Tax Reduction fund.
(iv) The requirement for completing a Council Tax Reduction claim form be removed for Universal Credit recipients, in the circumstances described in paragraph 4.9 of the report.
(v) It is noted that the council’s appointed S151 Chief Financial Officer will, prior to 1 April 2021, exercise delegated powers to increase the appropriate calculative elements of the scheme to give effect to national changes.
(vi) It is noted that a more fundamental review of the Council Tax Reduction Scheme will be undertaken and consulted on for 2022/23, including the alignment of the scheme with a wider review of the council’s Welfare Support Framework.
Report author: Paul Ross-Dale
Publication date: 21/01/2021
Date of decision: 21/01/2021
Decided at meeting: 21/01/2021 - Policy & Resources Committee
- Council Tax Reduction Review PDF 234 KB View as HTML (1) 51 KB
- Council Tax Reduction Review CONSULTATION APX. n 1 PDF 650 KB View as HTML (2) 230 KB
- Item 128 Lab - Council Tax Reduction Scheme PDF 258 KB View as HTML (3) 13 KB
- Council Tax Reduction Review list of prev changes APX. n 2 PDF 172 KB View as HTML (4) 12 KB
- Council Tax Reduction Review WARD BREAKDOWN APX. n 3 PDF 100 KB View as HTML (5) 49 KB
- Council Tax Reduction Review EIA APX. n 4 PDF 129 KB View as HTML (6) 21 KB