Decision - Adoption of the Brighton & Hove City Plan Part 2
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Adoption of the Brighton & Hove City Plan Part 2
Decision Maker: Tourism, Equalities, Communities & Culture Committee
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To recommend adoption of the Brighton &
Plan Part 2 (including updated Policies Map) following the receipt of the Inspector’s Report that concluded that subject to modifications the City Plan Part 2 is sound. Once adopted, the City Plan Part 2 will replace a retained
policies in the 2005 Brighton & Hove Local Plan.
That the Tourism, Equalities, Communities & Culture Committee recommend to Full Council:
1. To agree to adopt and publish the Proposed Submission Brighton & Hove City Plan Part Two, as amended to include all the main modifications required by the CPP2 Examining Inspector to make the plan sound, in accordance with Section 23 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 and Regulation 26 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012. This includes changes required to the adopted Policies Map, together with other additional (minor) modifications already noted by the 16 March 2022 Tourism, Economy, Culture & Communities Committee (including any consequential and other appropriate alterations for the purposes of clarification, improved accuracy of meaning or typographical corrections, being necessary).
2. To agree amendments needed for planning application validation requirements.
3. To note that on adoption of the City Plan Part Two the policies in the retained 2005 Brighton & Hove Local Plan will be superseded. These superseded policies are listed in Appendix 5 of the City Plan Part Two.
Report author: Helen Gregory
Publication date: 15/09/2022
Date of decision: 15/09/2022
Decided at meeting: 15/09/2022 - Tourism, Equalities, Communities & Culture Committee
- Adoption of the Brighton & Hove City Plan Part 2 PDF 332 KB View as HTML (1) 71 KB
- Appendix 2 Summary of Inspector's Main Modifications PDF 218 KB View as HTML (2) 18 KB
- Appendix 5 - Summary of City Plan Part 2 Consultation Stages PDF 119 KB View as HTML (3) 9 KB
- Appendix 1 CPP2 Inspector's Report PDF 376 KB
- Appendix 3 Inspector's Main Modifications PDF 1019 KB
- Appendix 4 - Schedule of Changes to Policy Map and Additional Modifications PDF 947 KB