Agenda item - Statement of Accounts 2011/12
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Agenda item
Statement of Accounts 2011/12
- Meeting of Audit & Standards Committee, Tuesday, 25th September, 2012 4.00pm (Item 35.)
- View the background to item 35.
Report of the Director of Finance (copy attached).
35.1 The Committee considered a report of the Director of Finance with information about the audit of the 2011/12 Accounts with a recommendation to approve the Statement of Accounts and the Letter of Representation on behalf of the Council.
35.2 Councillor Sykes asked if the Council might, in future, include environmental assets in an audit, and in response Officers commented that - although this was not currently the case - in future assets could potentially be divided into heritage and environmental.
35.3 Councillor Sykes also asked a further question in relation to exit packages in previous financial years. In response Officers explained that they reflected changes that had taken place organisationally, and - although they fluctuated year on year – in the case of senior exits – they were assessed for value for money on a case-by-case basis.
(1) That the findings of the Audit Commission in their Annual Governance Report (AGR) be noted. The AGR is a separate item on this agenda.
(2) That the adjusted misstatements to the 2011/12 Statement of Accounts (paragraph 7.3 and Appendix 4) are noted.
(3) That the Committee consideration is given to the advice in relation to unadjusted misstatements, and agree that they should not be adjusted for (paragraph 7.4 and Appendix 5).
(4) That the results of the public inspection of the accounts (Section 9) are noted.
(5) That the letter of representation on behalf of the council (Appendix 1) be approved.
(6) That the management responses to the action plan in the AGR be approved.
(7) That the audited Statement of Accounts for 2011/12 be approved.