Agenda item - Brighton & Hove Youth Justice Strategy 2017-19
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Agenda item
Brighton & Hove Youth Justice Strategy 2017-19
- Meeting of Children, Young People & Skills Committee, Monday, 19th June, 2017 4.00pm (Item 15.)
- View the background to item 15.
Report of the Executive Director- Families, Children & Learning (copy attached).
1) That the Committee approves the Youth Justice Strategy for Brighton & Hove 2017-18
15.1 The Committee considered a report of the Executive Director, Families, Children & Learning that requested approval of the Youth Justice Strategy for Brighton & Hove 2017-18 as required under the Crime and Disorder Act 1998.
15.2 Councillor Phillips stated that although offending rates were down, there would be a £50,000 budget reduction to the Youth Offending Service and asked what impact that reduction may have.
15.3 The Head of Service (Adolescents and Youth Offending Service) stated that the service had met budget reductions over a number of years which had been managed through deletion of vacant post and changes to how to the service operated. In the event of further budget cuts, it would be necessary for a service re-design and restructure.
15.4 Councillor Wealls expressed his congratulations to officers for their tremendous work as he found the reduction in offending numbers to be staggering.
15.5 RESOLVED- That the Committee approves the Youth Justice Strategy for Brighton & Hove 2017-18
- Brighton & Hove Youth Justice Strategy 2017-19, item 15. PDF 210 KB
- Brighton & Hove Youth Justice Strategy 2017-19 APX. n 1, item 15. PDF 677 KB