Agenda item - Families, Children and Learning Fees and Charges 2019/20
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Agenda item
Families, Children and Learning Fees and Charges 2019/20
- Meeting of Children, Young People & Skills Committee, Monday, 14th January, 2019 4.00pm (Item 53.)
- View the background to item 53.
Report of the Executive Director for Families, Children & Learning (Copy attached)
Contact Officer: Louise Hoten / Caroline Parker Tel: 29 – 3440
Ward(s) Affected: All Wards
1. The position on fees charged for nurseries as detailed in section 3.3 be agreed.
2. That the position on fees and charges for Childcare Workforce Development as detailed in section 3.4 be agreed.
3. That the position on the charges for school meals as detailed in section 3.5 be noted.
53.1 The Committee considered a report of the Executive Director Families, Children & Learning which provided an update on the review of the Families, Children & Learning Services fees and charges in accordance with the corporate policy. It was noted that there would be no increase in charge for training courses. The report was introduced by the Head of Service Early Years Youth & Family Support.
53.2 Councillor Phillips noted the increase in nursery fees by 12 and stated that there had been no consultation with parents on the matter and requested clarification.
53.3 The Head of Service Early Years Youth & Family Support noted the lack of consultation with parents.
53.4 Councillor Marsh referred to page 101 and enquired who was in receipt of the contract and what the price of the meal charge would be.
53.5 The Assistant Director Education & Skills stated to primary schools bought in to the contract and had various different arrangements at different costs. It was noted that there was no increase in cost at this point in time.
53.6 Councillor Hamilton enquired if BHCC were receiving the East and West Sussex rate when taking pupils form external councils.
53.7 The Assistant Director Education & Skills stated that any Brighton and Hove Nursery was funded at the Brighton & Hove rate.
53.8 The Chair then put the recommendations to the vote.
(1) The position on fees charged for nurseries as detailed in section 3.3 of the report be agreed;
(2) That the position on fees and charges for Childcare Workforce Development as detailed in section 3.4 of the report be agreed; and
(3) That the position on the charges for school meals as detailed in section 3.5 of the report be noted.