Agenda item - Procurement of a New NHS 111 Service
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Agenda item
Procurement of a New NHS 111 Service
- Meeting of Health Overview & Scrutiny Committee, Wednesday, 16th October, 2019 4.00pm (Item 19.)
- View the background to item 19.
Report of the Executive Lead, Strategy, Governance & Law (copy attached)
19.1 This item was introduced by Colin Simmons, Commissioning Lead for 111, 999 and Patient Transport, Sussex Integrated Urgent Care Transformation Programme.
19.2 Mr Simmons explained that the new 111 service would provide an improved experience, particularly in terms of the capacity for 111 staff to book appointments directly for callers.
19.3 The preferred bidder for the 111 contract is South East Coast Ambulance NHS Foundation Trust (SECAmb), with IC24 as sub-contractor. Mobilisation is beginning, with the main risks being around workforce, digital and the impact of Brexit.
19.4 RESOLVED – that the report be noted.
- Procurement of a New NHS 111 Service, item 19. PDF 109 KB View as HTML (19./1) 21 KB
- Procurement of a New NHS 111 Service APX. n 1, item 19. PDF 396 KB View as HTML (19./2) 30 KB
- Procurement of a New NHS 111 Service APX. n 2, item 19. PDF 174 KB