Agenda item - BH2020/00895, Palmer and Harvey House, 106-112 Davigdor Road, Hove- Full Planning
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Agenda item
BH2020/00895, Palmer and Harvey House, 106-112 Davigdor Road, Hove- Full Planning
RECOMMENDATION – MINDED TO GRANT
Ward Affected: Goldsmid
Erection of an additional storey and extension to fourth floor to provide 7no two bedroom flats and 1no one bedroom flat (C3), erection of 3 storey front extension to create a further 298sqm of office space (B1) together with associated external alterations, access, car parking and landscaping.
(1) It was noted that an in-depth presentation had been provided by officers in advance of the meeting and was included on the council website detailing the scheme by reference to site plans, elevational drawings and photographs which also showed the proposed scheme in the context of neighbouring development. The main considerations in determining the application related to the impact on the amenity of occupiers of nearby buildings; the standard of accommodation of the proposed flats for future occupiers; transport implications, including vehicle and cycle parking and compliance with relevant Development Plan policies and site allocations.
(2) No harm to residential amenity had been identified which would warrant refusal of the proposed development. The assessment made had taken in existing buildings in the vicinity and those which could reasonably be expected to come forward on surrounding development sites.
Debate and Decision Making Process
(3) Councillor Theobald stated that she considered that the additional floor would make the development too tall, in all other respects she considered it to be acceptable.
(4) No other matters were raised and a vote was then taken. On a vote of 8 with one abstention minded to grant planning approval was given.
17.3 RESOLVED – The Committee has taken into consideration and agrees with the reasons for the recommendation set out in the report and resolves to be MINDED TO GRANT planning permission subject to satisfactory amended plans, a s106 agreement on the Heads of Terms and the Conditions and Informatives also set out in the report, SAVE THAT should the s106 Planning Obligation not be completed on or before 30 September 2020 the Head of Planning is hereby authorised to refuse planning permission for the reasons set out in section 9.1 of the report.
- Header BH2020 00895 - Palmer And Harvey House 106-112 Davigdor Road, item 6C PDF 22 KB
- Plan BH2020 00895 - Palmer And Harvey House 106-112 Davigdor Road, item 6C PDF 281 KB
- Report BH2020 00895 - Palmer And Harvey House 106-112 Davigdor Road, item 6C PDF 132 KB
- BH2020 00895 - Palmer And Harvey House 106-112 Davigdor Road, item 6C PDF 3 MB