Agenda item - BH2020/0962, Nile House, Nile Street, Brighton -Listed Building Consent
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Agenda item
BH2020/0962, Nile House, Nile Street, Brighton -Listed Building Consent
RECOMMENDATION – GRANT
Ward Affected: Regency
Formation of additional level to create office space (B1) incorporating replacement roof plant, reinstatement of chimney, balustrade terrace to West elevation, installation of solar panels and associated works.
(1) It was noted that an in-depth presentation had been provided by officers in advance of the meeting and was included on the council website detailing the scheme by reference to site plans, elevational drawings and photographs which also showed the proposed scheme in the context of neighbouring development. The main considerations in determining the application related to the principle of development, and the impact on the visual amenities of the public areas, the listed buildings, the street scene and the wider Conservation Areas, as well as the setting of listed buildings within the locality of the site.
(2) A vote was taken and the 8 Members of the Committee present voted unanimously that listed building consent be granted.
17.6 RESOLVED – To GRANT Listed Building Consent subject to the Conditions and Informatives set out in the report.
Note: Councillor Henry was not present during consideration of the above application.
- Header BH2020 00961 - Nile House Nile Street, item 6F PDF 22 KB
- Plan BH2020 00962 - Nile House Nile Street, item 6F PDF 351 KB
- Report BH2020 00962 - Nile House Nile Street, item 6F PDF 62 KB