Agenda item - Brighton Dome Brighton Festival Report 2020 - 2021
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Agenda item
Brighton Dome Brighton Festival Report 2020 - 2021
- Meeting of Tourism, Equalities, Communities & Culture Committee, Thursday, 11th March, 2021 4.00pm (Item 81.)
- View the background to item 81.
Report of the Executive Director Economy, Environment and Culture
RESOLVED – that Committee:
1. Note the impact of the pandemic on Brighton Dome and Brighton Festival.
2. Agree that a report on the operations and benefits for the city of this organisation be presented annually to this Committee.
81.1 The Committee considered a report of the Executive Director for Economy, Environment & Culture which detailed the delivery of alternative actions by the organisation over the period of closure, in addition to plans for reopening in 2021/22.
81.2 Councillor O’Quinn thanked Mr Comben for youth work experience program and enquired if more would be done for children over the summer period.
81.3 Andrew Comben (Chief Executive Brighton Dome and Brighton Festival) referred to the kickstart programme and stated that the Brighton Dome was working in partnership with 20 organisations as part of a network of organisations supplying opportunities.
(1) That the impact of the pandemic on Brighton Dome and Brighton Festival be noted; and
(2) That it be agreed that a report on the operations and benefits for the city of this organisation be presented annually to the committee.