Agenda item - BH2017/01108 -Site of Sackville Hotel, 189 Kingsway, Hove BN3 4GU - Deed of Variaton
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Agenda item
BH2017/01108 -Site of Sackville Hotel, 189 Kingsway, Hove BN3 4GU - Deed of Variaton
1. The Principal Planning Officer introduced the application and gave a presentation by reference to enhanced visuals.
Questions of Officers
2. Councillor Osborne sought clarification regarding the trigger for the proposed changes.
3. Councillor Osborne also enquired regarding the definition of intermediate homes. It was explained that it was an affordable home purchase option whereby shares in the ownership of the property were purchased with no additional rental element. It was a part buy option rather than part rent, part buy.
4. Councillor Theobald stated that she fully supported the proposal which provided individuals with a route into the property market.
5. Councillor Osborne considered that it was preferable to offer a variety of affordable housing options and that this was something which needed to be continued to be worked towards with applicants/ developers.
6. The Chair, Councillor Littman confirmed that he also supported the scheme and moved to the vote.
7. A vote was taken and Members voted unanimously that a second Deed of Variation to the S106 Agreement be granted.
124.2 RESOLVED – That the Committee has taken into consideration and agrees with the reasons for the recommendation set out in the report and resolves to GRANT a second Deed of Variation to the S106 Agreement so that the developer is obligated to provide all seven units in the form of Shared Ownership Housing and/or as Shared Equity Housing.