Agenda item - BH2021/00229 - Rockwater, Kingsway, Hove - Full Planning
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Agenda item
BH2021/00229 - Rockwater, Kingsway, Hove - Full Planning
1. The Planning manager introduced the application.
2. Councillor Janio was informed that the application was for a further six months permission following the existing temporary permission. It was confirmed that the proposals required planning permission in the location and the structures were originally erected as sales units during the Covid-19 pandemic.
3. Councillor Childs was informed that the six months was the usual period for temporary permission for this type of structure.
4. Councillor Shanks was informed that the issue of a lift in the main building was a separate matter and not relevant to this application.
5. Councillor Fishleigh was informed that the any issues with delivery of service at the huts was a separate matter and not relevant to this application.
6. Councillor Theobald considered the proposals, created during the pandemic lockdown, to be good, however control of customers congregating would be appreciated. The councillor considered the proposal of six months to be fine and would be voting for the application.
7. Councillor Childs stated they would be voting for the application as they considered the structures to improve the area and they felt six months would be fine. The councillor requested a queuing system to assist with congregating customers.
8. Councillor Moonan stated they would be voting for the application as business’ were fragile at this time and this was a good use of the huts.
9. Councillor Janio agreed with the previous Members and stated that he would be voting for the application.
10.Councillor Fishleigh requested that an informative be added to the application relating to the management of the customer queuing system.
11.A vote was taken, and the committee voted unanimously to grant planning permission. (Councillor Yates did not take part in the discussions or the decision making process).
12.RESOLVED: That the Committee has taken into consideration and agrees with the reasons for the recommendation set out in the report and resolves to GRANT planning permission subject to the conditions and informatives in the report and the additional informative: The applicant is reminded to keep the promenade clear and to manage queues to the kiosks without causing an obstruction to the promenade.
- Header BH2021 00229 - Rockwater Kingsway, item 143F PDF 22 KB View as HTML (143F/1) 3 KB
- Plan BH2021 00229 - Rockwater Kingsway, item 143F PDF 197 KB
- Report BH2021 00229 - Rockwater Kingsway, item 143F PDF 67 KB View as HTML (143F/3) 58 KB
- Application F BH2021 00229 - Rockwater Kingsway, item 143F PDF 1 MB