Agenda item - BH2021/03011 - 186-187 Lewes Road, Brighton - Full Planning
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Agenda item
BH2021/03011 - 186-187 Lewes Road, Brighton - Full Planning
1. The Planning Manager introduced the application to the committee.
2. Councillor Gibson’s statement was read out by the Chair: ‘I support this application which will achieve 100% affordable rents run by Southdown Housing Association’.
Answers to Committee Member Questions
3. Councillor Yates was informed that there were 12 units with one bedrooms and could accommodate up to 17 people as 5 were of a size that could accommodate 2 people. The intention was for the units to be single occupancy.
4. Councillor Hugh-Jones was informed that the internal layout had changed in terms of the layout of flats.
5. Councillor Theobald stated they would have preferred a mix of unit sizes but was happy that it was for supported housing and considered the development to fit well and was a good scheme.
6. Councillor Hugh-Jones considered the affordable housing, heat pump and sedum roof to be good and an improvement on the existing.
7. Councillor Shanks stated they were in support of Councillor Gibson’s comments and considered 100% affordable housing to be good.
8. Councillor Yates considered the development to be a good use of the site on the busy transport corridor The councillor considered the development to fit well in the area.
9. A vote was taken, and the committee agreed unanimously to grant planning permission.
10. RESOVLED: That the Committee has taken into consideration and agrees with the reasons for the recommendation set out in the report and resolves to be MINDED TO GRANT planning permission subject to a s106 agreement on the Heads of Terms set out in the report and the Conditions and Informatives as set out in the report, SAVE THAT should the s106 Planning Obligation not be completed on or before 26 April 2022 the Head of Planning is hereby authorised to refuse planning permission for the reasons set out in section 11 of the report.
- Header BH2021 03011 - 186-187 Lewes Road, item 76B PDF 22 KB
- Plan BH2021 03011 - 186-187 Lewes Road, item 76B PDF 372 KB
- Report BH2021 03011 - 186-187 Lewes Road, item 76B PDF 126 KB
- Cllr Gibson rep BH2021 03011 - 186-187 Lewes Road, item 76B PDF 35 KB
- Item B - BH2021 03011 - 186-187 Lewes Road, item 76B PDF 1 MB