Agenda item - Implementation of a Principal Residence Policy
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Agenda item
Implementation of a Principal Residence Policy
- Meeting of Tourism, Equalities, Communities & Culture Committee, Thursday, 16th June, 2022 4.00pm (Item 13.)
- View the background to item 13.
Report of the Executive Director Econonmy, Environment & Culture (Copy Attached)
1. That Committee noted the policy option analysis in paragraphs 3.18 – 3.22 and the recommendation for a combination of Options 2 and 3 for further consideration during the city plan review, as well as the possibility of a citywide Principal Residence Policy. All options will remain under investigation subject to the results of the 2021 Census and further analysis of up-to-date statistics.
2. That Committee further noted that the Notice of Motion as passed at Full Council intended the Principal Residence Policy to cover all buyers purchasing properties in new developments specifically as holiday or 2nd homes and that the 15%-20% threshold discussed should therefore include these figures.
2.That Committee agreed to officers undertaking further actions set out in the report at paragraphs 3.8 in terms of further research and analysis as part of the City Plan Part 1 Review.
- Implementation of a Principal Residence Policy, item 13. PDF 276 KB
- Appendix 1 Notice of Motion - Second Homes, item 13. PDF 143 KB
- Appendix 3 - Review of Principal Residency Policies adopted/being introduced in England, item 13. PDF 488 KB
- Appendix 2 High Level Analysis of Second Homes Data in Brighton & Hove, item 13. PDF 366 KB
- LG Amendment TECC item 13 PRP 16.6.22, item 13. PDF 347 KB