Decisions for issue Pesticide Reduction Plan
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Issue
Issue - decisions
Pesticide Reduction Plan
1) That the Committee agrees to end the use of glyphosate by Brighton & Hove City Council’s City Environmental Management services with immediate effect, other than in exceptional cases to kill invasive plant species, such as Japanese Knotweed or to kill tree stumps.
2) That the Committee agrees that City Environmental Management will not engage with contractors to use glyphosate on any land managed by these departments.
3) That Committee approves to City Environmental Management working with other departments to phase out glyphosate use across the council and to work towards phasing out other pesticide use by 2022.
4) That the Committee notes that the removal of weeds in parks and on hard surfaces will be undertaken manually as an alternative approach to using pesticides.
5) That the Committee agrees that an update report should be brought back to committee in autumn 2020 to update members on progress and the results and to review this approach to weed removal.