Decisions for issue Review of the Constitution
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Issue
Issue - decisions
Review of the Constitution
RESOLVED: That the Committee agreed -
Policy & Resources Committee
1. That the proposal to make changes to the Scheme of Delegations to Officers in Part 6 of the Council’s Constitution relating to the Council’s planning functions as indicated in Paragraphs 4.1-4.3 and Appendix 1 be agreed.
2. That the proposal to change Part 6 of the Council’s Constitution to increase the financial threshold in relation to officer delegations governing the acquisition of residential property in para 4.5 be agreed.
3. That the proposal in para 4.9 to invite a BAME individual to attend Policy & Resources Committee early in 2020 be approved as a first step to increase participation and input by protected characteristic groups.
4. That the proposal in paragraphs 4.11 which relates to the arrangements for the Council’s Member Working Groups be agreed.
5. That the draft protocol regarding the use of urgency powers attached at Appendix 6 and referred to at paragraphs 4.13-4.14 be agreed.
6. That Full Council be recommended to approve the changes recommended to it in paras 2.7 to 2.9 below.
Policy & Resources Committee and Full Council
7. That the Chief Executive and Monitoring Officer be authorised to take all steps necessary or incidental to the implementation of the changes agreed by the Policy & Resources Committee and by Full Council, and that the Monitoring Officer be authorised to amend and re-publish the Council’s constitutional documents to incorporate the changes.
8. That the proposed changes come into force immediately following their approval by Policy & Resources Committee or adoption by Full Council, as appropriate.