Decisions for issue Youth Service Review
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Issue
Issue - decisions
Youth Service Review
1. That the current Youth Service Grants Programme be extended and the work of current recipients for a further six months from 1 October 2020 to 31 March 2021, subject to funding being agreed in the 2020/21 budget, be funded by committee.
2. That a review of the provision of youth services across the city which will consider the areas set out in paragraph 4.1 of this report and that the findings of the review are brought back to Committee in June 2020 be agreed by Committee. Government funding announcements may affect timings.
3. That the terms of reference of the review by a cross party group of councillors and Youth Wise be agreed.
4. That consideration of an Onside Youth Zone in partnership with Brighton Youth Centre as an option for the Central Youth Hub be considered in the review, and that should the timetable of any government investment mean an application for funding need to be made prior to the end of the review, an urgency CYPS Committee be convened.
5. That the financial assessment of the different options including sources of capital and revenue funding and long term financial viability be considered in the review.