Decisions for issue Review of the Council's Constitution
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Issue
Issue - decisions
Review of the Council's Constitution
30/04/2020 - Review of the Council's Constitution
(1) That the proposal to make changes to the Scheme of Delegations to Officers in Part 6 of the Council’s Constitution relating to the Council’s planning functions as indicated in paragraphs 4.1 - 4.3 and Appendix 1, and the proposals regarding Traffic Orders as indicated in paragraphs 4.5 -4.6 of the report, be agreed;
(2) That the proposal to make changes to the Scheme of Delegations to Officers in Part 6 of the Council’s in respect of overseas trips (paragraph 4.9 of the report) be agreed.
RESOLVED TO RECOMMEND:
(3) That Full Council be recommended to approve the changes recommended in resolutions (4) to (8) below;
(4) That the proposed changes to delegations in respect of the Environment, Transport & Sustainability Committee indicated in paragraphs 4.5 – 4.6 of the report be agreed;
(5) That the proposal at para 4.11 and Appendix 2 to the report to amend the Council Procedure Rules at Part 3.2 of the Council’s Constitution in respect of arrangements for member amendments be agreed;
(6) That the proposal at para 4.12 and Appendix 3 to the report for amendments to Part 8.4 –Guidance for Members and Officers serving on Outside Bodies be agreed;
(7) That the Chief Executive and Monitoring Officer be authorised to take all steps necessary or incidental to the implementation of the changes agreed by the Policy & Resources Committee and by Full Council, and that the Monitoring Officer be authorised to amend and re-publish the Council’s constitutional documents to incorporate the changes;
(8) That the proposed changes come into force immediately following their approval by Policy & Resources Committee or adoption by Full Council, as appropriate.