Decisions for issue Anti-social Behaviour Hove Seafront
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Issue
Issue - decisions
Anti-social Behaviour Hove Seafront
RESOLVED – That the Committee
1. Noted the contents of the report.
2. Praised the efforts of the Seafront Office in dealing with anti-social behaviour on Hove Seafront.
3. Requested that the Chief Executive of Brighton & Hove City Council writes to the Divisional Commander of Sussex Police to ask for assistance i) in dealing with the more serious breaches of by-laws and ii) in developing a joint strategy to make better use of CCTV resources on and around the seafront.
4. Called on officers to draw up plans to regularise signage on Hove seafront to make existing rules clearer.
5. Called on officers to prioritise the clean-up of various seafront graffiti hotspots such as the King Alfred and Hove Lagoon.
6. Gave officers backing to spend from existing budgets a sum of up to £500 for packets of graffiti wipes that would be made available free of charge from the Seafront Office to anybody wishing to clean up graffiti on the seafront.
7. Called on officers to discuss the ongoing overflowing bin situation with appropriate colleagues.
8. Called on officers to circulate other ideas to further bolster ongoing efforts.