Decisions for issue Allotments: response to Notice of Motion
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Issue
Issue - decisions
Allotments: response to Notice of Motion
1) That Environment, Transport & Sustainability note the response to the Notice of Motion.
2) That the Committee calls for officers to meet with Brighton & Hove Allotment Federation (BHAF) to address the concerns they have raised and to review the BHAF’s outline business case.
3) That the Committee calls for a further report that includes the findings of BHAF’s business case with particular attention to the health and wellbeing, cost benefits, sustainability and the delivery of the Council’s vision outlined in the corporate plan, with the scope of the report agreed with BHAF before work commences.
4) That the Committee calls for officers to examine the potential use of land either side of Tenantry Down Road near the junction of Bear Road for allotments; potentially delivering another 10 full or 20 half size plots; and reports back on these together with the sites at West Hove and Rottingdean that were previously proposed for use as allotments.
5) That the Committee notes that that many plots are in a poor state and that the report highlights that 249 plots are vacant; and
6) That the Committee calls for an Officer Report detailing emergency measures to let empty plots.