Decision - City of Sanctuary Re-accreditation
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
City of Sanctuary Re-accreditation
Decision Maker: Tourism, Equalities, Communities & Culture Committee, Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
RESOLVED – that Committee:
1. Instructs officers to progress an application to City of Sanctuary UK for the council’s reaccreditation as a City of Sanctuary as per outlined in appendix 2.
2. Recommends to Full Council that it endorses the City of Sanctuary Charter (appendix 1).
3. Instructs officers to work with the local city of sanctuary Group – Sanctuary on Sea – to support the group and the council’s commitment to Brighton & Hove being a place of sanctuary.
4. Approve the council joining the City of Sanctuary Local Authority Network and being a member of the Network’s steering group (paragraph 3.5)
5. Note the City of Sanctuary application process will be carried out as part of the council’s development of its Inclusive Cities Action Plan agreed at TECC committee September 2019.
Report author: Lucy Bryson
Publication date: 12/03/2021
Date of decision: 11/03/2021
Decided at meeting: 11/03/2021 - Tourism, Equalities, Communities & Culture Committee