Decision - Levelling Up Agenda
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Levelling Up Agenda
Decision Maker: Greater Brighton Economic Board
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1) That the Board endorses all Levelling Up Fund Round 2 bids submitted by Greater Brighton authorities (appendices 1 & 2) and agrees that the Chair of the Board should write a letter of support in relation to each bid.
2) That the Board notes that the bids outlined in appendices 1 & 2 have the potential to create a new pipeline of Board-backed projects for the city region.
3) That the Board agrees that members should be encouraged to work together on the delivery of UKSPF interventions where such interventions will be more effective on a geographic scale which is wider than an individual local authority’s area.
4) That that Board agrees its local authority members should reflect 2.s in all UKSPF Investment Plans they submit.
5) That the Board agrees officers should continue to consider opportunities for the Greater Brighton functional economic area arising out of the Levelling Up White Paper
Report author: Andy Hill
Publication date: 21/07/2022
Date of decision: 19/07/2022
Decided at meeting: 19/07/2022 - Greater Brighton Economic Board